Monday, July 20, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #12

Hello! I am buried in paperwork today, but thought I would take a break to post my card for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #12. Here is the inspiration photo:
This reminds me that I need to take "after" pictures of our backyard waterfall and landscaping project. Maybe I'll do that next...after I finish working! *wink*



I used some new Papertrey Ink stamps on this card, including Polka Dot Basics II and Everyday Button Bits (sentiment, which I curved to fit around the flourish...gotta love clear stamps!). The bird is from Bird Watching Additions. I also ran the blade of my scissors along the edge of the Spring Moss layer to rough it up a little.
Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

Supplies (all Papertrey Ink, unless indicated otherwise)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel, Raspberry Fizz, Cream
Stamps: Bird Watching Additions, Fancy Flourishes, Polka Dot Basics II, Everyday Button Bits (sentiment)
Ink: Scarlet Jewel
Other: Scarlet Jewel buttons, Cuttlebug embossing folder, sewing machine, Fiskars threading water border punch, pink gems-unknown

15 comments:

  1. So pretty! (though I'm jealous that you have your new stamps already...mine don't arrive til Tuesday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just FAB! I'm jealous you have the new sets. (I'm saving up my purchases to go to CHA next week).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, how perfect this matches Dawn's color challenge photo! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! The sewing detail is adorable too!
    So jealous that you've got your PTI goodies!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty is this card?! I love the flourish behind the bird... it looks like it's flying! Great job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I love the stiching and fun bling accents. I have the flourishes and the polka dots 2 on my list. Great job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I love the flourish and the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossing is perfect for the flourish stamp. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie,
    Congratulations...love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the incorporation of all the details of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Congrats on being in Dawn's Spotlight. That bird is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Congrats on top pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! Congratulations on being chosen for Dawn's Spotlight this week! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Melanie. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete