Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An update and some exciting news :)

It has been such a crazy few weeks here, sorry my blog has been a little neglected! First, things are going well after surgery....actually, much better than I expected. I still have residual nerve damage in my left leg, but my doctor is optimistic that the nerve will repair itself over time. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
We celebrated Avery's sixth birthday over the weekend. We had a Luau...so much fun! Unfortunately, I couldn't find my camera battery charger so I don't have pictures of my own. I was able to use my mom's camera, so I'm just waiting to get a disk from her and I will post pictures then. We had so much fun and I can't believe my baby is six!!!

And then....the most exciting news yet....I earned an Honorable Mention for Papertrey Ink's September Guest Star Stamper contest for the category Best Halloween Project! This was my entry here. I can hardly contain myself!!! Anyone who knows me IRL, knows that I live for Papertrey Ink stamps.... I love this company!!! So, this is a huge honor for me!! You can see the announcement on Nichole Heady's blog here. If you have time, be sure to check out all of the great projects.
AND....If that weren't awesome enough....I was choosen for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge spotlight w/ this card! I am totally excited about this...there were over 200 entries and some amazing cards in this challenge! You can check out Dawn's announcement and see the other cards that made the spotlight here.

If you've made it this far, thanks for sharing in my excitement!!! I hope to post some cards soon. After having two sick kids over the last few weeks, I have finally caught a bug myself. So between that and trying to catch up on work from being out with surgery I haven't had much crafty time lately!

Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Very cool - congratulations! I knew you would hit the big time :). I feel honored to be hanging with a true star - I'm going to tell everyone I know that we go way back - before people put metal and ribbon in their scrapbooks - Ha!

    ReplyDelete