Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome, little baby bee

Hello! Hope everyone out there is keeping warm. Here in St. Louis, we are hunkering (is that a real word?) down for what the meteorologists are calling a historic winter storm. Great. We have already had 8 snow days and if we get what they are predicting, this whole week could be a wash. The kids are going to be going to school until July at this rate! Hopefully, there will be a few clear hours tomorrow before it all starts....I really need to get to the bank and post office. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
This is a card that I made for a friend of mine to donate for a fundraiser. (I'll have to update with more information on that later!) I made two sets of cards and I will post them over the next week or so. I have to mention that this was kind of tricky for me, because they had to be mailable. So, no ribbon bows or too much extra stuff that makes a card so cute! I did sneak in a few buttons and some flatter ribbon treatments on some of the cards, but that's about all.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

Supplies- both cards (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise indicated)
Cardstock: Harvest Gold, Vellum (wings)
PP: Bitty Dot Basics
Stamps: Baby Button Bits
Ink: True Black, Chamomile-vintage touch tea dye duo

Other: Medium Scallop die, black button, button twine

4 comments:

  1. Love this card, Melanie. I especially love the black and gold colors (Steelers fan here!!!)........I just used the exact stamp and sentiment on a card I have scheduled to go up later this week. I just love that little bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and yellow! The bee is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour combo. I like the scalloped polka dot border and the twine you've used. Those are great accents for a sweet baby card. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I've never used the bee in that set but love how it looks on your card design.

    ReplyDelete