Friday, February 18, 2011

"Make It Monday" Challenge....

...on a Friday. This week's PTI's "Make It Monday Challenge" was to use a vellum sentiment strip. Sounds easy, right? I've discovered that I'm not a fan of vellum. Don't get me wrong, I would love your card with vellum....just not mine. It's kind of like salad for me. I love eating salad as long as someone else makes it, but if I make one it never tastes as good. Does that happen to anyone else!!?!? So, anyway, here is my attempt at a card with a vellum sentiment strip:

This is for my nephew's birthday next month. I am loving these weekly PTI challenges...I might actually make a few cards before I need them!



Thanks for stopping by,
Melanie

Supplies (all Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
Ink: True Black
Dies: Banner Borders, By the Numbers, Seeing Stars, Double Ended Banner
Impression Plate: By the Numbers
Other: Lemon Tart button, DMC black floss

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card! Your vellum sentiment stripe looks excellent. But I understand what you mean about vellum not being your first, second or third choice to work with. It can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete