Sunday, January 31, 2010

A little organizing...

So my husband went on a ski trip this weekend and I have been seriously missing my crafty time. So, I rented the kids some movies and went to work! Unfortunately, the first thing I had to do was clean...ugh! Why do I have pile stuff up instead of dealing with it and putting it away? There is no flat surface safe in my house ...this includes my scrapbook room (which doubles as my home office). I have been wanting to organize my paper scraps for some time since I have outgrown my current system...which really isn't a system, but just a box! I ended up separating my Papertrey Ink paper scraps by color and putting them in file folders. I then cut a scallop circle swatch and adhered it to the folders. I'm hoping that I will actually use them up now. We'll see. Here is my new system... I saw this somewhere on a blog, but for the life of me I cannot remember where, so if anyone knows please share so I can give them credit for helping me get organized!


While I was taking pictures, I had to share this Copic storage rack:
It makes me so happy!! My mom got it for me for Christmas and I love it! I also got the Copic airbrush system and the cutest little air compressor from my wonderful husband! I haven't played with it much yet, but I will!!

The other thing I have been wanting to do was to make something to keep all of my online passwords for all of the websites I use in one place. While blog hopping, I ran across this super cute idea from Jennifer Holmes, using those plastic index card dividers. It literally took me longer to pick out the paper that would go with the rainbow of tabs then it did to assemble it. I did give my Crop-o-dile a good workout, though!! It's pretty plain, but I love it and I can now shred all of those little post-its and pieces of papers with login info on them!! Yay!

I used some old striped paper I found in my stash (not sure of manufacturer) along with Pure Poppy and Lemon Tart PTI cardstock and the stamp set Borders and Corners-circle and Take Note, also from Papertrey Ink.
Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment