Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SFYTT

**Edited to add 2nd sketch card at end of post.

Hey everyone! This has been a kinda crazy week so far! The kiddos have 1/2 day tomorrow and off on Friday, so I feel like I need to fit a weeks worth into 3 days! This weekend is Aaron's big birthday celebration. We are trying something new this year and having the party somewhere other than home. I am big into planning birthday parties, so this is new for me! We are going to the Soccerdome for a Laser Tag Birthday! Sounds fun, huh? Unfortunately, the kids have to be 8 years old to participate in the laser tag, so that cut out about half of our extended family kiddos. :(
I have managed to sneak in a little card making this week. It's amazing what you can make time for if you want too!! {wink} I made this card based on this weeks 'sketch for you to try' at I {heart} 2 stamp. I really like this sketch, in fact I have started another card based on it that I will post later. I used my only Kim Hughes stamp set, U R A Hoot, to make this card. I love, love, love this owl! I colored the owl with my Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, then popped her up on dimensionals. I used buttons for my "leaves" and glittered the owl's eyelids. It's kind of hard to see, but I stitched around the edge. I am still getting used to my new Sew Mini, so don't look to close at my stitching!

Supplies
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, Papertrey Ink
PP: DCWV ( Nana's Nursery and The Glitter Stack)
stamps: URA Hoot, Cornish Heritage Farms- Kim Hughes Collection; Paper Tray-PTI (sentiment)
ink: true black, dark chocolate; Papertrey Ink
other: ribbon-PTI, buttons-PTI; stick
les; Prismacolor Pencils

2nd Sketch card:

For some reason I'm drawn to these owls today! This one is from Pink Cat Studio. This particular set has several owl "puns", which I love! It is often the sentiments that tip the scale on whether or not I add a stamp set to my collection! This little owl was also colored with Prismacolor pencils, cut out and popped up on dimensionals.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White, lemon tart-PTI
PP: DCWV (Glitter stack)
stamps: QT Hooty Owl by Pink Cat Studio
ink: True Black-PTI
other: ribbon-PTI; Stickles, Glossy Accents (on thermometer), buttons
, Nestabilities (Label 1 die), Prismacolor pencils

Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment