Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge and CP Sketch #2



The final challenge in the celebration of Papertrey Ink's 2nd anniversary is another color challenge. We are to choose a color scheme from one of fabulous cards designed by Dawn McVey. She is known for her amazing color combinations. She has a unique style all to her own! If you haven't seen it, you should check out her blog! Anyway, back to the card, I choose one of her more toned down color combos because I needed a sympathy card (more on that another time). I really wanted to use Raspberry Fizz as that color always reminds me of her, but not today.
I used CP Sketch #2 (despite what I posted yesterday! long story!!) Another fun sketch!

With Sympathy
Card stock: white, ripe avocado, aqua mist; Papertrey Inc.
stamps: Out on a Limb, Polka Dot Basics; Papertrey Inc.
ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow; Papertrey Inc.
other: ribbon-Papertrey Ink; button, hemp, Sakura Souffle pen (white)


11 comments:

  1. This card reminds me of a fresh spring day. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch - very cute and springy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the touch of soft pink, it really brings your card to life. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a soft and pretty card, perfect for a sympathy card. love the way you jazzed up the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! That is my go-to PTI set. I love the stitching detail on the ribbon.

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the elegance of your card. I hope to see more of your cards next time! I really love your added stitching. Appreciate you playing along.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, i need to get my hands on the out on the limb set! thanks for playing along with us :)
    pti fan here too! *wave wave*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love the simplicity of it. It's very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the colors and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Melanie. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete