Monday, April 27, 2009

Backyard Update

I promised my mom I would post some pictures on the progress of the landscaping and waterfall. We had a few rain-free days last week, so they were able to get some things done. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain 4 days this week. Ugh!!!


The new {larger} pond


The boys vacuuming the bottom of the pool. They finished the pool and filled it on Friday. Yes, it was that dirty. Can you see the dirt line?!?! Sadly, the dirt resettled an hour after they finished! It has been so windy, I feel like I'm in Kansas! {That's for my Aunts who live in Kansas with that awful wind!} So, the dirt from the yard just blows right in. I imagine we will be dealing with that until we get grass back there!



The four Spruce trees on the left are a few of the trees they got planted. They are still all tied up, but hopefully will give the backyard some privacy. There are still lots more plants that go where those trees are.


This is the front where they are building a rock wall outlined by the gravel in the picture. Then there is a bed in front of the wall where they put in two of the trees.



This is the only picture I have taken of that other tree. You can also see where the wall will continue on the other side of the walkway.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melanie

3 comments:

  1. Wow! There is water! Were the kids able to get in over the weekend? By kids I mean James too of course :). It is really taking shape - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics of your home.. I can't wait to see the waterfall. I know what you mean about the Kansas wind as I am 30 minutes outside of KC on the Kansas side.

    I'm new to the PTI group and thought I would stop by and say hello. I look forward to getting to know you and visit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICTURES. IT IS ALWAYS FUN TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE UP TO.

    ReplyDelete